How do I block people on TikTok?
Are you thinking about “How do I block people on TikTok?” Maybe you’re searching for an easy way to block a TikTok user.
Dearest reader, you’re in the right place, on today’s article we’re going to be focusing on understanding the need for blocking.
Also, we’ll be showing you a step-by-step guild on blocking users on TikTok and additional tips to manage TikTok interactions.
Moreso, we’ll be showing you the major difference between restricting and blocking on TikTok and how to unblock. Now let’s begin with this!
Understanding the need for Blocking People on TikTok
As you all know, TikTok is a popular platform for social media and it helps showcase people’s creativity.
So, sometimes they may arouse a need for one to ask “How do I block people on TikTok”. This question has made many users discover the best steps for blocking users.
Some may want to know how to block apps or websites.
Notwithstanding, if you wish to block someone on TikTok, chances are that a user is making the platform unsafe. Or, you’re trying to promote or maintain a positive experience on TikTok.
On the other hand, there are many reasons why one may want to block a user on TikTok. So, let’s take you through the process to know why someone might choose to block people on TikTok.
Related: What are Tiktok Challenges?
Why Should I Block People on TikTok?
- Unwanted Content: A user may have a question on how to block people on TikTok only because their content may not be needed. In other words, if inappropriate content is shown to users, he is allowed to block him/her.
- Bullying: When a person on TikTok is experiencing a kind of bullying on TikTok such as negative comments, you may decide to block them. This helps you avoid unwanted interactions and helps you stay positive.
- Unwanted Messages: You have the choice to block people on TikTok when you keep getting unwanted comments or direct messages. For instance, if the messages appear as spam or unnecessary TikTok ads that you don’t want.
- Avoiding Conflicts: In most cases, a user may engage in conflicts or disagreements between two or more parties. In this case one may choose to block the people involved on TikTok.
Furthermore, users may have certain needs on how to block people on TikTok based on their preferences. Several individuals can have reasons for blocking users on TikTok. This may not be the same as you regardless of specific reasons or choice.
How do I block people on TikTok?
Now that you’ve understood the essence of blocking people on the TikTok app, let’s show you a step-by-step guild on blocking.
Here’s how you can block people on the TikTok platform:
Step to block on TikTok App
- Firstly, Launch the mobile app and connect to a TikTok user’s profile.
- Secondly, select the share icon located at the top
- Thirdly, click on “Block.”
- After which, you’ll see a window that requires you to confirm the block
- So, you’ll have to click on the block again
How do I block people on TikTok Website?
TikTok users are allowed to block people on TikTok websites just as you have the privilege to block on the app.
Here are the processes involved in blocking people through TikTok websites.
- Go to the website which is TikTok.com
- Navigate to the TikTok profile you want to block and click on the three-dot icon after the share icon.
- next, click on the last option that says “Block”
- Also, click on the block again to confirm the process.
How do I block People on TikTok in Bulk?
If you need to block several persons on TikTok, this guild is for you. Users may find unnecessary comments or content from different people in their accounts and may choose to block them. Below are the ways to do it and get rid of the issues:
- Select the pencil icon in the left top to display several options or Long-press on a comments
- Head over to the Manage multiple comments
- You’re free to choose up to 100 comments that violate your preference or TikTok’s preference.
- Select ‘More”
- Next, you’ll click on “Block accounts”
Steps to Manage Interaction on TikToks
You’re allowed to manage your interaction on TikTok by actively reporting inappropriate content and behavior. It’s in your hands to shape a safe and positive TikTok experience for its community.
Activities like harassment, illegal activities, or misinformation can create a toxic environment.
This can give the platform the potential to be creative and fun for users. So, you can report users and restrict or block them when they post content that is unhealthy.
Features for Managing Interaction on TikTok
- Filter All Comments
This key feature stores all comments for approval before they can appear public. This helps you showcase only appropriate comments for others to see.
How to use Filter all comments
Users who may not want to get to the point of asking how do I block people on TikTok can still utilize this tool.
If you don’t want to start blocking people on TikTok, you can still use filter all comments to manage interaction.
This is how to use it on TikTok;
- Head over to your profile icon at the right corner of the app.
- Select the three-dot on the top corner and select “Settings and Privacy”
- Next, click on Privacy and then click on Comments.
- Turn the Filter all comments settings on, this is located below the Comment filters.
- Filter Keywords
This option hides comments containing specific keywords you choose. It allows you to block out negativity or unwanted topics while letting other comments flow freely.
How to Use the Filter Keyword
- Locate the settings and privacy option in your account
- Select Privacy and click on the comment sections
- Now, turn on the filter keywords and select “Adss keywords”
- You’ll have to input words or phrases you want to filter.
- After that, add multiple keywords and separate them with commas.
These step helps filter keywords that are appropriate to your TikTok experience and make you enjoy the platform. Any comments that contain the keywords that you filter will be hidden from the viewing in public.
Difference between Blocking and Restriction on TikTok
There is a major difference between how do I block people on TikTok and ways of restriction users on TikTok. It’s important to understand that this can be achieved in different ways and provide different key differences.
Blocking involves when users can’t see your account or content on TikTok anymore. They wouldn’t even be able to search for your profile anymore or even mention you in their content. With this definition, an individual may now need to ask “How do I block a person on TikTok.”
On the other hand, Restricting a user means they’ll be able to still see your content and send you direct messages. However, they won’t be able to comment on your post, or mention you, and their message will go to your request folder.
Messages in your request folder are different from those in your inbox. This means you’ll have to either accept or decline messages on restricted accounts.
In addition, make sure you choose the right option of blocking or restriction users for certain reasons. Meanwhile, you’re still allowed to Unblock or reverse a restricted account.
We recommend that you block users who harass or share content that makes you feel unsafe. You can restrict a person with negative comments or one you feel to give a second chance to redeem their act.
Steps to View Block Accounts on TikTok
After getting the knowledge on how do I block people on TikTok, you may want to ask how to see block accounts. Here are steps to take to see an account that has been blocked on TikTok.
- Visit “Settings and Privacy option on TikTok
- Head over to the next step by clicking on the Privacy tab.
- Now, select “block accounts” where you’ll find all the accounts you blocked on TikTok.
- Select the particular users you wish to unblock and click “Unblock”
You’re free to choose as many people you want to unblock. However, you won’t be able to unblock users in bulk like in blocking bulk people.
- Why can’t I block someone on my iPhone?
If you are finding it difficult to block a user on my iPhone, there are a few things you can try.
- Check if your iPhone is using the right and latest version of the software (14.1)
- Restart your iPhone, and consider following the process of blocking again.
- Will people know I blocked them on TikTok?
TikTok does not get users any notification of being blocked to protect their identity and privacy. It makes it difficult for people to know when they are blocked.
- What happens when I block someone on TikTok?
When a user is blocked by you, won’t see your profile or videos anymore. Additionally, will not be able to send you a direct message or comment on your post.
- How do I Unblock Someone on TikTok?
Users on TikTok who have asked “How do I block people on TikTok” may still need unblocking.
So, you can unblock a user by heading to the Privacy and Settings’ and locate block accounts. Should the people you want to block and tap on the Unblock button.
- What is the Limited number of people I can block on TikTok?
You’re allowed to block at least 100 people simultaneously on TikTok. Once you’ve reached that amount you’ll not be able to block another person again.
However, you can still block someone one by one later if the user’s content displeases you.
- Can I still follow someone on TikTok that I block?
You’re not allowed to follow a person that you block on TikTok. However, if you wish to follow them again you’ll have to unblock them.
How do I block people on TikTok is a phrase many users ask when using TikTok. TikTok can be fun and full of lots of excitement but there can be a need to block people sometimes.
When a user blocks people it means they’re not comfortable with the person interacting with them. On TikTok, you’re allowed to see several content but if content is displeasing to you, you can block the user.
So, by following this guild, you’ll understand the steps in blocking users and when it’s important to block people.
Above all, using TikTok should promote your well-being and interest. So, by using this guild you’ll be able to manage TikTok interactions and use it effectively.