10 Best TikTok Marketing Guide for Business Growth
Looking to boost your brand’s presence on TikTok? I’ll be showing you the comprehensive TikTok marketing guide that covers everything you need to know about leveraging the short video content platform for successful marketing campaigns.
Also, you’ll see all the tips strategies, and best practices to drive your business to the right audience.
It’s no news that TikTok is the fastest-growing media platform that anyone can attest to.
Since September 2021, TikTok has reached 1 billion users four years of its launch. This same feat took Facebook and Instagram 8 years to achieve.
Even though there are no recent TikTok database numbers. Recently, some statistics have proven how popular TikTok is.
Now, one of the reasons is that Tiktok is the most downloaded app in Q1 of 2022 and then, it has the highest-grossing non-game app. Both in Apple and Google Play stores is seen to be the most downloaded app.
In this article, I’ll show a TikTok marketing guide to help you grow your business and reach the right audience.
So, before I delve into the TikTok marketing guide, let me first discuss briefly what TikTok Marketing is.
What is TikTok Marketing?
When it comes to marketing on TikTok, you must be intentional. However, TikTok marketing is the process of using TikTok to create brand awareness or promote your brand on the TikTok platform using TikTok content.
Related: Best TikTok Example of TikTok Ads
Now, you don’t have to do this alone and you must do it the right way. By so doing, you need to use different tactics.
One of the tactics to use is engaging the services on influencer marketing. Also, use TikTok advertising and also create viral organic content.
What do you Benefit from TikTok marketing?
TikTok marketing is a very useful tool to help your businesses or brands to achieve the following:
- Sell more products and services
- Increase your brand awareness
- Build better-engaged communities
- Receive feedback from customers and followers.
- Advertise your products and services to your targeted audiences.
- Offer customer service
The TikTok Marketing guide has its focus only on TikTok. Though, social media marketing provides a cohesive strategy for every social media platform.
In using TikTok for business awareness, you must know that TikTok content is much different from content on other channels. However, they look similar to what your brands may have on other platforms.
How to Create a TikTok Business Account
I know you won’t be in a haste to start learning how to create an effective TikTok Marketing guide. So, first of all, learn to create a TikTok business account. Then, Login to your account.
Before you jump into creating a TikTok business account, take time to study the difference between a TikTok business vs. a Creator account.
You can find the difference between the two accounts here:
- TikTok business account has access to business tools such as ads and analytics.
- Business accounts can create e-commerce storefronts.
- Your TikTok business account has access to limited access to sound clips.
- TikTok business accounts can use third-party tools for scheduling and managing TikTok content.
- You can add a website to your TikTok business account to your profile
The truth is that the business accounts don’t have full access to the full sound library. However, it contains some more tools.
So, to create your TikTok Business account, follow the steps below:
- Down the TikTok app from your app store and set up your new account
- Proceed to your TikTop profile and click on the hamburger menu at the top right corner.
- Click on the settings and privacy and click on the manage account
- Continue by clicking on the Switch to Business Account
- Select the category that suits your type of business.
At the end of this process, your business profile is ready for use.
How to Build Your TikTok Marketing Guide
So, I guess that you’re ready now to know the entire TikTok marketing guide. This will help launch you into creating engaging TikTok content that you’ll that’ll give you an edge over your competitors.
From what I’ll share here in these steps to your Tiktok marketing guide to success in your business.
So, take the steps here seriously to achieve your TikTok marketing goals:
- State your Audience on TikTok
If you want to be successful on TikTok, you must clearly define your target audience using your content.
Getting the right audience will help to convert your reach and engagement to sales and subscriptions. But if not well defined, it may make your reach and engagement pointless by causing no sales.
It’ll interest you to know that TikTok has a lot of young audiences mostly 10-19 years old. However, the other half spans between 20-39 years of age.
Apart from targeting the age which is mostly young ones. Also, consider the demographics you want to consider. Ensure to conduct a thorough search of the right kind of audience to target.
- Brand and create Your TikTok Account
You must take the bold step to create and brand your TikTok account. After that, ensure is fully optimized so that it’ll be well recognized among other social media profiles.
Follow the steps below to brand your TikTok account:
Click on the Edit profile and provide details that follow such as:
- Create a good profile photo or video: You can add a video for your profile avatar. It should be a high resolution of your logo for the profile photo. However, if you want a video, create an animated version of your logo.
- Create a Business name for your Business.
- Create a business username and make it a username with no spaces.
- Adding pronouns: Include your pronouns if you’re a sole proprietor.
- Bio: Include an 80-character bio to provide a short info about your business.
- Email: Provide a valid email for your business. Your TikTok marketing guide won’t be very successful if there’s no valid email for your audience to message you.
- Non-Profit: In case your business offers support for a nonprofit, make sure you tag them in your profile.
- Category: If you didn’t do this as you were creating your business account, it’s good you chose the category that best defines your industry.
- Social: At this point, link your Instagram account or YouTube accounts to your account.
After this, you may as well, carry out other settings such as setting up an auto-message when the user sends you a direct message.
It’s easy to do just by tapping the hamburger menu. After that, click on the Business Suite and set the auto message. You can add your website if you have it by providing your website URL.
- Create good-quality TikTok videos
At this point, you need to learn how to create gook Tiktok video. But if you’re a good TikTok watcher, you may find it a bit easier.
But for a new person on TikTok, you’ll spend some time getting used to the platform as you look at some videos popping up on TikTok.
However, you may try and see the TikTok Discover page to know what’s trending. Then, you can discover most of the popular TikTokers.
So, from here, you’ll be able to see the trending Hashtags, sound bytes other accounts, etc. It serves as a bird-eye-view of what is popular at the moment. This will help you to discover inspiration for your TikTok content.
After this, look at other brands that are doing well on TikTok to see what they are doing. Look for a way to emulate their tactics for your videos.
To be successful in your TikTok content, test the different videos you see on TikTok to know what is most attractive to your audience. This TikTok marketing guide is here to show you the major steps to take.
In addition, try to diversify across your profile, also, get the videos of your BTs (behind the scenes). Make videos of funny moments and videos using popular sound bytes.
Posting consistently is a major key too. To make that splash you want to always fill in your account with new content regularly. Let’s say you can just make posts twice a week or even more. Even though, Tiktok recommends you post 1-4 times per day.
- Make use of Ads in your marketing plans to reach a wider audience. Increase your social media advertising budget and use it on TikTok. However, this will depend on bids and the way payment is made on Facebook and Instagram ads.
Ensure you create a fun video and promote depending on your daily budget or lifetime budget.
- Engage TikTok Influencer Marketing
Using a TikTok influencer is a great TikTok marketing guide or tactic if you must reach some class of people on TikTok. A lot of content creators and influencers partner with Brands on TikTok. The aim is to make the app more fun, creating engaging video content that will provide the brands with user-generated content they will share on their own social media handles.
TikTok Influencer’s Marketing Tactics
- Sending your product video content to influencers- If you have a low budget or your brand’s budget is low for the ads you can use it to reach out to influencers. You’ll have to do is to ask them to send it to their channel.
- Make collaborative video collaboration on a video or series showcasing your brand exclusively. However, if you reach out to a lot of influencers consistently, you can get a good place in showcasing your brand’s visibility.
- Partnering with a new product line- Your brand can partner with a big influencer or a celebrity to create a product line. Once they get there, they’ll promote the product to their audience. I can tell you that this is a win-win, though, this will work for you if you’re using an influencer that is highly relevant to your niche.
Brands that sell sports would likely use a footballer or an athlete depending on their niche.
- Monitoring of your TikTok analytics to track Performance
You must pay close attention to your TikTok analytics. However, the only way you can get access to it is if you switch to a business account.
Doing this will provide a big help in showing you your most popular videos. Also, you must know the best time to post each day.
Let me list out some of the best metrics you can track:
- Growth rate
- Trending Videos
- Video views
- The average watch time
- 7. Jumping on to a popular TikTok Trends
To increase your chances of going viral, it’s wise you pay attention to every trending audio clip. Also, rise up to challenges and video types. Though, you can take advantage of a popular trend to create a video that’s important to your business.
You’ll see most of the original content on TikTok generates 100-600 views and about 2-20 likes.
To find trending videos, use the TikTok Discover page. With it, you can organically see popular trends and how different users are using them in their content.
- Utilize the TikTok editing capacity
When considering good content on TikTok, you’ll get the best videos from the ones shot and edited within the TikTok app.
You may be asking why in the app itself. It’s because the app has many editing features in it. With these features, it’s quite easy to create engaging content with your Smartphone and the app.
Let me show you the features you’ll see in the editing app:
- Text overlays
- Trimming video calls
- Audio editing
- Slow motion
So, there are a lot of ways you can film and edit your videos on TikTok and you don’t need another video editing app.
Well, using TikTok edited video is preferable and the Algorithm prefers it and pushes it more.
- Make your Videos Short and Sweet looking
A recent publication by TikTok states that the optimal length for TikTok video is 21-34 seconds long (up from 11-17 seconds as of 2020).
- Put a live video into your Tiktok strategy
Among other platforms that offer live-streaming features, TikTok is one of the best you can take advantage of now. Seize the advantage as live videos pop up in viewers’ for you pages. Once you see it you can turn it in if you’re interested.
Moreover, TikTok enables viewers to send stickers and other accolades through live videos as a monetization perk. At this point, your brand can just add TikTok live as an additional revenue stream if your videos become very popular.
What are the benefits of Business Marketing on TikTok
Instead of adding more social media platforms to your marketing strategy, wait till you exhaust all the benefits of TikTok marketing. Here are the benefits you should know:
- People are finding products using TikTok
Most TikTok users about 49% of them has said they have purchased a product or searched for brands after seeing their paid ads on TikTok. However, the particular Hashtag ‘#TiktokMadeMeBuyIt’ is quite popular with users showing off products they have bought from just seeing it on TikTok.
TikTok marketing channel is a great way to increase your sales on social media. Taking advantage of the fact that TikTok is the third most popular social commerce channel.
- There’s a high probability of your Brand Going Viral
Because of the TikTok algorithm, you’re going to be seeing more content discovery instead of content from your friends. There’s a different feed where you can see the feed of those you follow. The For You page will help users to discover new content.
So, it means that TikTok shows brands that have the unique opportunity to reach a wider audience than other platforms.
From there, those who have interest in your content will discover you, then, you’ll get more followers and increase your chances of more sales.
- There are more opportunities for Influencer Marketing
Influencer marketing makes it easier for your brand discovery by those in your target audience. All you need to target is the right influencers since there are a lot of content creators.
Moreover, there’s room for micro-influencers to generate a lot of reach because of the algorithm’s flexibility.
There’s always a lot you can get for your budget for influencers to reach more customers and build great influencer relationships.
TikTok Brand Marketing Examples You Should Know
I have some TikTok marketing examples that can inspire you. Also, you can read about other TikTok ad examples.
Let’s look at some TikTok marketing strategy Examples:
I’ll be considering some Brands that have records of success using the TikTok marketing Guide.
The TikTok food influencers reviewing some of the menu ‘’Hackts’ of the Favorite Southwestern Fast-food chain ‘Chipotle’.
This has led to a lot of people talking about the menu items.
It became very popular when Tiktokers Alexis Frost and Keith Lee made a review of an off-menu meal. This gave it full stars. After this, the majority of Chipotle customers flocked to their various local stores to try the meal. Because of this, most of the locations sold out many of their products.
In the end, it made Chipotle add the actual meal to their menu.
After this, the brand has continued to work with Alexis and Keith. Seeing that his TikTok Marketing guide is very positive to sales. It almost makes the duo TikTok Spokespeople for Chipotle.
It was obvious that the Washington Post as a newspaper in the US has little content to share on TikTok.
But their TikTok team made their account fun in such an engaging manner making followers keep abreast with news.
Getting Started with TikTok Marketing
In getting started with TikTok Marketing, you must take the following into account:
- Create a TikTok Business account
- Create you fun
- Engage short-form video content
- Run TikTok ads
- Take time to grow your audience
- Define your Target audience.
Frequently Asked Questions about TikTok Marketing Guide
How Does TikTok Work?
The app is designed to create, share, and watch short-form videos. Its users have their home ‘’for You’’ feed where they can just swipe up to watch different videos one after another.
Interestingly, it comes with its own editing features, filters, and sound clips to use as they create their video content.
The videos are short videos of about 10 to 60-second videos.
What are the Tools on TikTok?
There are a lot of business tools on TikTok such as video editing, analytics, ads, and many more.
How to Use TikTok for Marketing?
TikTok Provides a great marketing channel that‘s quite different from other channels. You’ll have to create unique video content. Users can use TikTok to show off products, join challenges, jump trends, and make an audience laugh. Most users use it to sell products generate leads and increase brand awareness too.
How has TikTok changed Marketing?
The emergence of TikTok made video marketing very easy and accessible. It’s good for growing any type of business.
However, you don’t need any sophisticated equipment such as camera equipment. All you have to do is use your phone and make use of the TikTok app to create engaging video content.
What is the Effectiveness of influencers in Affiliate marketing on TikTok?
Obviously, TikTok Marketing is quite effective. There’s over 15.86% engagement rate on the platform. This is more than thrice that of other platforms.