Taboola Cost Per Click: 5 Proven Strategies to Optimize Taboola Cost per Click
Taboola Cost per Click (CPC) is a pricing model used by the Taboola advertising platform, where the advertisers pay per click on their ads. In this article, you’ll learn more about how Taboola CPC works and how to optimize your campaigns for better results.
A lot of people who want to advertise with Taboola will always want to know the best way to get the most relevant traffic.
Also, they‘ll want to ensure their business will succeed. Now, one major question they will want to ask is about ‘Taboola Cost Per Click ‘or Taboola Advertising cost.
In this article, you’ll know about the Taboola cost per click. Also, you must know that your Taboola budget is in your control. What this means is that their Taboola customer will only pay when people click on their ads and reach the advertiser’s website.
And if people get to see your ad and don’t engage with it, you won’t pay anything.
Taboola Cost per Click
Getting started with Taboola is free and customers are reported that the average Taboola Cost per click (CPSs) is around $0.6 for native desktop campaigns and $0.3 for mobile ads.
Also, Taboola needs a minimum campaign budget of 30x your bid.
This means that if you place a $0.5 bid, you must have to budget a minimum of $15.
For your ads to be effective, Taboola recommends that brands set their daily minimum budget of $50 per day to get good and better chances of reaching their campaign goals.
Strategies to Optimize Taboola Cost per Click
If you want to get the best out of your Taboola ad campaigns, you must keep an eye on your campaigns.
Ways to optimize your Taboola ads
- Ensure that your content is ready before you Launch it: Before you proceed to set up your ad campaign ensure that you have read in detail Taboola’s Creative Best practices and landing page best practices. With this knowledge, you have a big chance of succeeding in Taboola’s network.
From these best practices, you’ll ensure that your campaign items and landing pages are quite interesting. Also, ensures user friendly campaign.
- Ensure you set up your Campaign for Success: When setting up a campaign, you’ve to set it up to have success. Also, you need to make some smart decisions that will improve your campaign performance. You can use these tips to achieve it.
- Separating your campaigns by device- As you know, the user experiences and behavior will be quite different across different devices. For example, a user with a desktop may find it easier to insert credit card details for a purchase than a user with a mobile device.
- Separating your Ad campaign by Location- This is quite similar to a targeting platform. Every location differs in terms of its performance and the competition of the market. Now, if you separate your campaigns into location buckets, it’ll allow you to target audiences all over the world. However, this targeting depends on their specific behavior and interests.
- Separating your Campaigns by the Product Type and Content Type- When you separate your campaign by product type and content type, you’re most likely to get flexibility if you change your strategy per product or content type. It’s recommendable if you split your campaigns from the beginning.
- Setting a budget that works for you–
For you to have enough budget to start your campaign you must have enough data. By doing so, you’ll make better decisions on where you can improve campaign performance.
This means that if you want to know if your campaign items are doing well on Desktop or mobile devices you need enough information.
The recommendation is to set a budget that will enable you to spend at least $50 a day.
However, you don’t have to spend your budget so fast without assessing campaign performance.
However, we recommend you start with a small or “test’’ budget before you can increase your budget.
If you do it this way, you’ll be assured of what your campaign is performing before spending more on the budget.
Set a Good CPC that works for you
Ensure that you set a good CPC that will allow you to meet your performance goals as you try to get your desired amount of traffic. This is important because your campaigns will be recommended if they have a higher CPC.
So, you should start with a higher CPC from the start of your campaign. If you follow this process your campaign will be very competitive.
Once it’s competitive, it’ll likely lead to enough clicks to make a good optimization very possible.
This will also help Taboola’s algorithm to learn exactly where users are clicking on your content very fast.
- Do not add many Campaign items at a go
If you’re on your first campaign, you should make it manageable by starting with a smaller amount. From here you can start adding more campaign items to your campaign just after assessing the performance and getting comfortable with the platform.
However, if you’re a performance marketer, you must start with one unique destination URL per campaign. So, add 5-10 different titles and thumbnails for that particular URL.
In case you’re running for a publisher or a brand and you want to grow your brand awareness it’s good you start with 10-20 unique destination URLs.
However, this maximum is per campaign and you can also add 5 -10 different titles and thumbnails for every destination URL.
Must Improve Performance through Titles and Thumbnails
Start with “Pre-Qualify” your clicks. Firstly, your Titles and thumbnails must speak to the user’s experience on your landing page. So, users must know what they can expect before they get to the landing page.
Once you do this, you’ll be driving clicks straight from users you’ll be interested in the content on your landing page. With this, you can reach your campaign goals.
Do not make use of Misleading Titles
Though, it may be tempting to use a title that will easily attract clicks. All you have to do is to avoid it because the user will easily leave the page if they feel is a trap to click.
Once you avoid the misleading titles, you’ll get clicks from users who are truly interested in engaging with the content.
Avoid Using Gimmicky Tactics
One of the things you must avoid is using Tactics such as “Click here” or “While Supplies Lasts”. Using clever titles will likely get a user to click.
Make use of Dynamic Keyword Insertion for titles
Using and inserting dynamic keywords in your titles allows you to place specific keywords dynamically in titles based on where the user is located.
It’ll also include the day of the week or the particular device they are using at a particular time.
With this, you can create a title that will be more specific to your users. And it’ll possibly lead to more clicks and higher engagement.
A major example is the Title which features “People living in Las Vegas, Virginia can’t get enough of this Razor subscription service”.
In this particular example, this location will change dynamically in the title. This is because it depends on where the user is.
Track Your Campaign Performances
You can use the Taboola conversion tracking code to know how your campaign is performing to your goals.
Taboola provides a conversion tracking code that will help you track the actions taken on your landing page.
That’s after a user must have clicked on your campaign(s). Now, the engagement or conversion details are backstage, and then you can quickly assess performance and make informed optimization.
Using of Backstage to Track Performance
You should have real-time campaign data available to you in Backstage. With the Backstage, you can simply monitor the performance of your campaigns.
Using Your URL parameters to track performance
Your URL parameters will be used to track or monitor users’ activity after the campaign has been clicked.
Targeting of highly engaged Audiences
It’s good you start with the most broad targeting of your campaign. After that, you can narrow down targeting settings that work for your campaign.
Immediately you have enough clicks to your campaign you can easily optimize your targeting in two major ways:
- You’ll create a new campaign with different bidding and budget strategies for different targeting options. So, if campaign A performs better in the morning, you may likely want to spend a higher CPC in the morning because it will get you more traffic for the valuable clicks. It means that in the evening it may not have more clicks in the afternoon and evening.
- Blocking of Targeting options that are not working for you. However, you can easily remove the mobile targeting. E.g. if your device is not driving positive results for you.
The List of Targeting options you may consider for optimizations
- Operating system target
- Location targeting
- Campaign scheduling
- Content type targeting
- Device targeting
Retarget your campaign items to users showing interest in your content. If you take advantage of Taboola’s retargeting feature to increase your engagement and conversion rates.
With this regard, you can target users that already visited your website or specific pages.
Changing of your CPC by Traffic Source
It’s very powerful and a good tool that can help you to reach your campaign goals. It’s also a feature that will allow you to change your CPC by traffic source depending on the performance.
An example is you increasing your CPC on a traffic source that is doing well for you. And it’s more likely going to lead to more clicks from that valuable traffic source.
Increase Click volume
Once you’re satisfied with the campaign’s performance, you may want to drive more click volume to your Taboola campaigns.
Below are ways you can drive more click volume to your Taboola Campaign:
- Increasing the Taboola Cost per click bid(CPC): By increasing your CPC you’ll make your campaign items more competitive on the Taboola network. However, this will eventually lead to more clicks.
- Increase Click-through rate (CTR): When you increase your CTR, it’ll make your campaign items more competitive on the Taboola network. To achieve this Taboola cost per click, you should increase your CTR by adding more title and thumbnail variations in your landing pages. So, it means that you’ll add more campaign items to your campaign.
- Adding new Campaign items: You can increase your chances of getting a campaign item that users will want to click on.
- Increasing targeting reach: Increasing your reach targeting options will increase your reach depending on the location. If your target is South Africa and you can easily ship to Ghana, you can test out a campaign targeting Ghana.
Boosting of your Top Performing campaign Items
On launching your campaign, you can see how your campaign items are performing in the ‘Top Campaign Content’ report. For you to assess your performance, just look at a combination of click-through rate.
Monitoring your Click-through rate (CTR): Once the CTR of your campaign item is growing higher than the other campaign items in the campaign, it may mean that it’s interesting to users.
Conversion or Engagement Rate
Though, CTR doesn’t tell your entire story. However, it’s important to know how users are interacting with your landing page. This will come after they click on your campaign item. It’s good because the higher the conversion or engagement rate, the better your campaign performs for you.
Cost per Action (CPA): The CPA will show if Clicks to your campaign items are valuable. So, you need to bring a positive return on investment (ROI).
The CPA can apply to purchases, email signs, or some other goals. However, it applies to engagement metrics such as page views or video views.
But you need to ask yourself how much you’re willing to pay for a particular action on your site.
Pause All Low performing campaign items
Once you’re through reviewing the above metrics for your campaign items. However, if there’s a particular amount of clicks per item (about 500-1000 clicks).
So, you may consider pausing low-performing ad campaigns. If I say low performing, it means that items have low conversions or engagement rates. This is mostly when you compare it with other campaign items in the same campaign.
At this point, it’s wise you pause the low-performing campaigns.
Isolate All Top Performing Campaigns
If you’re through with reviewing the above metrics, you can start isolating top-performing items.
When we say top-performing campaigns, it means that it has a high conversion or engagement rate. It’s usually in comparison with other campaign items except the top-performing campaign items.
However, you can create a new campaign for the campaign items you paused. In other to get the right Taboola cost per click, you will need to start your campaign at a CPC which is fair with your goals.
Optimizing Your Taboola cost per click Campaign item Elements
Your campaign item elements include Titles, thumbnails, and landing pages. However, you can use backstage reporting to check out or assess which of the campaign titles, thumbnails, and landing pages are driving the best results for your campaigns.
It’ll be nice to allocate more budgets to the versions of the campaign items that are doing well.
How does Taboola Pay? What you should know about it
Taboola only pays their publishers via Payoneer accounts that they created with the Taboola-generated links.
So, if you’re having some challenges using Payoneer or your account, you can visit the support center.
How much is the minimum deposit for the Taboola platform
Getting started with the Taboola advertising is free. Customers can easily report an average cost-per-clicks (CPCs) of around $0.6 for native desktop campaigns and $0.3 for mobile ads.
Moreso, Taboola needs a minimum campaign budget of 30x your bid. This is to say that if you place a $0.5 bid, your minimum budget must be $15.
What is the Minimum Budget for Taboola Advertising?
You’ll get this by multiplying your bid by 30. So, if you have a bid of $0.5, then, your minimum budget becomes $15.
But the Taboola team suggests or recommends you set a daily minimum budget of $50. With this amount, your campaign will truly reach its full potential.
What is the best size for Taboola ads for publishers?
It’s the Landscape-oriented image having an aspect ratio of 16:9 (1067 x 600). This is what the Taboola uses, the automated cropping solution, which tailors every image to customized sizes across the Taboola’s network.
What is a good CPC for Taboola Ads?
The Taboola’s average CPM is just between $0.37 and $1.12 and the average CPC is between $0.37 and $3.00.
However, these numbers vary depending on the country, its placement, and objectives.