9 Effective Ways Social Media Virtual Assistants Can Help Businesses
Social media virtual assistants are media professionals who specialize in managing and providing social media strategies for businesses remotely. Here you can learn how they can help your business grow and succeed in the digital world.
In today’s digital world, maintaining your social media presence and business can be really challenging. This is where social media virtual assistants come in; they help improve your social presence and more.
By employing them, the time you spend on all your social platforms will be cut down. Also, they allow you to focus on the core of your business while they manage your online presence.
With this article, you will learn all the basics about social media virtual assistants. You’ll see how it works, their benefits, and some of their tasks.
In addition, social media virtual assistants will also discover best practices to improve in their chosen field.
Now, follow me as I take you through the journey!
What is Social Media Virtual Assistants / Social Media VA?
They are skilled professionals who help you manage your social media account remotely. These assistances help develop a social media strategy, organize your content calendar, engage with your audience, and analyze performance metrics.
How it Works
Building a strong online presence involves consistent engagement with your audience. By employing a social media VA no more worries about forgetting to share any important update.
More so, they help respond to comments, direct messages and even initiate conversations. This gives your brand a personalized touch without the need for you to constantly monitor it.
Moreover, business owners have already embraced the power of social media virtual assistance. From startups to already established brands the impact of VAs is undeniable.
Benefits of Social Media Virtual Assistants
- Time Factor: A virtual assistant helps you reclaim your precious time by decreasing tedious social media tasks. This helps you focus on the core aspect of your business while keeping your online presence vibrant.
- Increase Engagement: social media virtual assistants create compelling content and respond to comments promptly. Thereby, building meaningful connections with your audience.
- Expertise: employ the skill of an experienced VA to stay up to date on social media trends. They also use algorithms and best practices to ensure that your brand strategy runs smoothly.
- Cost Effectiveness: Hiring social media virtual assistants is quite cheaper than hiring a full-time social media manager.
- Helps in setting up email campaigns for your targeted audience.
- They create and manage your content calendar.
- Social media virtual assistants can help with posting across your social media handles. Also, they help schedule and manage your blog post.
- They can also create a strategic marketing plan for your brand.
- Your social media virtual assistants also help in cleaning up your feed, by updating and deleting existing content.
Some Scheduling Tools for Social media Virtual Assistance
As a social media virtual assistant, there are some tools that can help you in scheduling social media channels.
- Meta Business Suite: This tool can be used for Facebook scheduling, it was formally known as Facebook Creator Studio.
- Hootsuite: This tool works for handling multiple social media channels. It’s a great app for scheduling, and planning in-depth analytics. Also, Hoot Suite comes with a content calendar and other great features that help perform better on social media multiple accounts.
- Buffer: It’s a social media scheduler app that offers features that help in building your online presence. Your virtual assistants can schedule, post, or reply comment to different social media handles.
- Later: This is another platform that works like Hootsuites. This app allows you to make a preview before posting any content on your social media comments.
- SproutSocial: Social media virtual assistants can create your social media strategy by using SproutSocial. This tool allows users to respond to messages across their social media channels in one platform. So, this saves you time by giving you a unified process for prioritizing your messages with an auto-responder.
Moreso, this app gives you feedback on the right time to post your content for better engagement.
- Canva: Social media virtual assistants who wish to create a quick design to use can use Canva. This app comes with different templates for different social media platforms for free. Also, there are already-made graphics that you can edit and use. On the other hand, this app comes with a paid version with pro features. So, professionals can use the paid version for running their day-to-day activities on social media.
- Tailwind: This app works pretty well for Pinterest, Instagram, or email marketing, by creating brand awareness for business owners. , an AI is also built for small business marketing by providing a ghostwriter for content or running ads
Things to Consider Before Hiring Social Media Virtual Assistants
- Social media virtual assistants should be able to plan and analyze interactions and sales across your social media platforms.
- He/she should be able to communicate the voice of your brand to your audience.
- Also, they should be able to create relevant content for your blog post, social handles, etc.
- Publish a report on the analytics of your social presence.
- Consider your budget also, before hiring Social media assistants.
In addition, after taking note of all things points, the next step should be where to hire a virtual assistant.
There are two basic ways to employ Social media virtual assistants, which are:
- Employ a social media assistant by Contacting an Individual
- Hire a social media VAs by contacting an agency
Contacting an Individual
Business owners can hire social media VAs by contacting them from their social channels or freelance jobs.
If you’re on Facebook platform you can send your requirements by contacting various communities. Like for example; Global Virtual Assistants and Virtual Assistant Jobs. Tons of applications will be sent to you, you can run interviews to determine the best assistants for you.
On the other hand, there are other places to hire individual VAs aside from social media. You can hire social media virtual assistants through freelance websites.
Hire virtual assistants on Upwork
Upwork is a great place to contact experienced social media virtual assistants. This site allows you to hire various skillful individuals who can help you in your business. Skills like SEO, graphic design, copywriting, and several virtual assistants.
Hire Virtual Assistance on Fiverr
This is also another popular freelance site where you can hire social media virtual assistants who can help you manage your social handles. You can also discover other services for your business like Logo design, web and mobile design, etc.
Read Also: Benefits of Social media marketing
Hire Virtual Assistances through Freelancer
This site allows you to contact virtual assistants based on their skill and their location. So, if you wish to hire freelancers for any job, this site can turn your dream into a reality.
How to Hire a VAs from an Agency
Using an agency helps you in the hiring process, no need to think of interviews or take applications. You just have to discover a good agency to hire social media assistants.
Also, most agencies are quite expensive while some come with a lower cost. If you need an agency that comes with low cost you can contact Virtual Assistants in India or virtual assistant Philippines.
Now, let me show you some of the best agencies that can help in hiring social media virtual assistants;
- Wishup: This agency offers people or business owners virtual assistance that can help manage their online presence. Also, they help in researching trends, creating engaging posts for your audience, and in optimization of videos for search engines.
This assistance schedules your content daily, they also assist with large projects and events.
Their team of experts is also willing you share new ideas for your brand management.
- Time Etc: You can book virtual assistants for any work that concerns social media content marketing.
Their team offers tasks like writing compelling posts and articles, creating email campaigns, and creating an effective marketing strategy.
- Wing Assistant: This agency helps you grow your business by employing skillful assistants for online scheduling and content creation.
In addition, these assistants have been trained to manage direct messages, comments, and content marketing. They also feature an influencer outreach for collaboration and help your business by bringing new ideas and opportunities.
- TaskBullet: This agency offers services like data entry, social media management, admin support, sales assistance, and others. They are based in the USA and they also have offices in the Philippines.
How Social Media Virtual Assistants can get hired
As a social media VA, who is looking for the best ways to get hired it’s crucial to know the needs of business owners.
Employers are looking for virtual assistants who have good experience and that have the right skills for their business. I’ll recommend any social media assistants charge a lower rate or volunteer to work for free.
Most small business owners can take the risk of employing you because they may not be able to pay professionals.
Remember, your social media career begins with one client, as time progresses, you can increase your rates.
6 Steps to Become a Successful Social Media Virtual Assistant
- Discover your Strengths: A good social media virtual assistant doesn’t do every work that comes by. In order to scale high, you must find what works best for you and develop yourself in that field.
Also, there are some skills that you may not be good at, quite wasting your time and developing your strength.
- Limit your services: Instead of adding so many services to your portfolio, consider choosing a presence service. If you have discovered your strength, it will be easy to define the service you do.
Also, this helps you know your audience and know what exactly your audience will need.
- Get the Right Tools: Make sure you consider getting the necessary tools and equipment for your business.
Social media virtual assistants should choose the right software for the task they do.
For example; if your task is data entry or book-keeping, you can use email automation software. Also, you should get a good system with the right specifications.
- Create your Portfolio: Make sure you create social media virtual assistant resume and an online portfolio for your brand. Remember, people won’t employ you unless they know you exist. So, by putting yourself out there you can promote yourself and your business. You can also showcase yourself on sites like Fiverr, Flexjobs, and Upwork.
If you have created your websites you can also create your social media platform by building a strong presence.
In addition, ask your clients for feedback or references so you can incorporate it into your websites and social media handles
- Consider getting Qualifications: Most social media Virtual assistants may not need a qualification. Although getting an online training or course can help in shaping up your talent. Also, you can add your qualifications on your resume.
Consider, getting certified on sites like Udemy or Penn Foster
- Build Customer Relationship: Also, endeavor to manage your clients by using software. This helps in invoicing your clients managing your contracts and booking calls.
Relationships can also mean wealth, when managed rightly, while building your online presence also works on existing clients. Those clients can also bring real-time customers that can ask for the same services.
Moreso, these can also create a positive review or testimonials about you and your brand thereby promoting your business.
Social Media Virtual Assistants Cost
The cost of social media virtual assistants can be affected by where you contact them. Most VAs have their platform (social media handle) where you can inquire about their fees.
On the other hand, most social media VA companies have their rate which can be featured on Google search. Now, let me give you some estimated costs of social media virtual assistants.
- According to Payscale for Canada-based VAs, the estimated cost could be an average base of CA$52,981.
- While in the US, Southbound reports an average base cost of $61,013.
Also, the cost of hiring social media virtual assistants can vary from various sources. For beginners in this profession, their salary might be lower than experienced VAs.
In addition, most freelancers and agencies have different rates for virtual assistants. So, make sure you check out the VAs that resonate with your brand.
Common Mistakes and Solutions
Below are some common mistakes business owners make while hiring social media virtual assistants:
- Lack of Clear Communication: Clearly define your brand voice, target audience, and goals. Provide ongoing feedback and resources to ensure your social media VAs align with your vision.
- Unrealistic Expectations: Remember, organic social media growth takes time and effort. Set realistic goals and celebrate incremental progress alongside your virtual assistance.
- Micromanagement: Trusting your social media virtual assistant’s expertise while providing feedback is essential. Avoid excessive micromanagement that hinders their creativity and efficiency.
- Q: What is a Virtual assistant for social media?
A: Social media virtual assistants are people employed to schedule, monitor, and manage posting content. This content involves all of a brand’s social media platforms. Like for example, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- Q: How do I become a social media assistant?
A: Firstly, you might want to get a bachelor’s degree probably in marketing or business-related courses. Also, you should proceed in learning the basis of digital marketing alongside different social media. Then, increase your skills and experience by following the brand goals and mission.
- Q: How do I become a social media manager virtual assistant?
A: Choose a niche on which social media you’d like to specialize in. for instance, Linkin Optimization. Afterward, launch your websites and build your social media presence for your brand. Provide information like; your services and rate.
- Q: How do I become a social media assistant with no experience?
A: Social media virtual assistants with no experience should consider getting a degree. Also, build your online presence and consider running a digital course on social media marketing.
Keep up-to-date by researching tools for your social media management. Moreso, you can volunteer to work for startups or small businesses.
- Q: Do you need qualifications to be a social media manager?
A: Most companies may require you to have a degree in marketing-related courses or relevant subjects.
- Q: What course do you need to be a social media manager?
A: You can consider getting a course in marketing, public relations, or a similar course. This course offers knowledge in brand management, consumer behavior, and in social media strategy.
- Q: What skills do you need to be a social media manager?
A: Most professionals possess the act of storytelling or content marketing and good design taste. In addition, most social media virtual assistants have been trained to analyze strategic tools for a given audience.
- Q: How much should I charge to manage a Facebook page?
A: The cost of any social media page can be affected by factors like; the size of the business. Also, the level of your experience is crucial, and the scope of your work. However, the general cost for social media management services is about $500 to $5,000 per month.
- Q: How much should I pay to manage my social media?
A: The estimated cost for intermediate social media virtual assistants is often charged at $50 to $100 per hour. Whereas for advanced professional virtual assistants cost might go up to $250
- Q: How do social media virtual assistants get paid?
A: There are several ways social media assistants can get paid. Most companies or agencies pay them on a monthly or annual salary. On the other hand, freelancers or independent contractors may rate on an hourly basis.
By utilizing Social Media Virtual Assistants effectively, you can navigate the ever-evolving social media landscape with confidence.
Also, remember that building a successful social media presence is a collaborative effort. Partner with your virtual assistants, communicate openly, and let them free you to focus on what matters most. With the right approach, your online brand can soar to new heights!